Neat Download Manager for Mac is a simple and lightweight GUI wrapped around a powerful and optimized Download-Engine for Mac. It was designed to be simple, easy to use and respectful to hardware resources (CPU, Ram, Power,…).
Both Windows and Mac versions share the same Download-Engine written in C++ that handles all details about Downloads: Protocols implementation, Connections and BandWidth Control, Dynamic Segmentation, Merging Segments and …
Browser Extensions could be added to Chrome, Firefox and Opera. It integrates NeatDownloadManager for macOS with internet browser and can catch download links and detect all Video/Audio links on websites. From this point of view the project could be considered as a Video-Downloader extension that also has a companion helper application for Mac and Windows.
Features and Highlights
- Speeds up your Downloads up to your total available BandWidth.
- Uses an optimized Dynamic Segmentation Algorithm.
- Organizes your Downloads based on Download Status (Complete, Incomplete) And File Type (Video, Document , …)
- Supports HTTP, HTTPS and FTP Protocols.
- Supports HTTP Proxy and SOCKS Protocol.
- Supports HTTP Authentication and Proxy Authentication (Basic, Digest, NTLM)
- Has Pause/Resume Capabilities and can resume crashed Downloads.
- Has Browser Extension that can send Download Links to it and helps you download Video/Audio from any WebSite.
- Lets you set BandWidth Limit on your Downloads even when Download is in progress.
- Lets you set maximum Connection Number on your Downloads even when Download is in progress.
- Can download all .ts files of an HLS video and at the end merge all segments into a single .ts file.
- Can Renew expired Downloads.
- Works with Drag and Drop (Only on Mac, watch video clip below).